Friday, November 22, 2013

Testimony

As a Jesuit Volunteer, I have had the privilege to work with the uninsured in Detroit. As with all aspects of the healthcare field, the greatest source of frustration comes from what we can't control. Primarily, the life choices of our partners (I choose to refer to patients as partners). But, this well-thought out post clarifies and reminds me of the realities that people face. It points to the complexities of social realities and the need for a broader holistic discussion on poverty. We need a united voice for systemic change.

I do not know this specific bloggers social life and the veracity of her voice. What I do know is that her words remind me of the realities that I encounter day-in and day-out. 

I plan on posting a few of my own thoughts and about my experience at the Ignatian Family Teach-In for Justice.

Source: Why I Make Terrible Decisions, or, poverty thoughts [I urge you to visit the actual website and learn more about the blogger].


No comments:

Post a Comment